Monday, September 12, 2011

See the Beauty

stop and take a moment to appreciate something or someone once a day
So tonight was pretty much a total bust.
I got lost looking for this hostel that I was supposed to work at to take tourists to a bar crawl ... blah blah...So I basically spend the night thinking I was going to get stabbed or raped since I was walking in a foreign country alone. My neurotic Jewish parents have embedded the idea into my head that I WILL DIE if I walk anywhere alone.. so eventually you begin to believe it... ANWAYYSS.. this night I thought of something interesting on my way home in the metro... I saw a very dark skinned black probably the darkest I’ve seen, and for some reason I thought there was something so beautiful about him, like a different creature of the world. Sometimes I feel as though when you look into someones eyes you look into there souls and a lot of the time I feel scared to look into someones eyes for fear of rejection,connection, anything and tonight I realized we are all truly searching for something in this world- what I don’t know - But all I do know is we and mostly I have to stop being so scared. Or just buy some pepper spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment